Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Yamaha Roadliner S
Highly decorated straight from the factory and highly acclaimed by the motorcycle press, our big-bore Roadliner S has reshaped the face and performance of cruisers altogether.
- The Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
- The flagship of the Star line, and Cycle World magazine's Best Cruiser for 2006 is designed to show and go like no other cruiser before it, with big power and great handling.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, including the first seamless gas tank fitted to a Star, gives the Roadliner S a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel-injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; a wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000 rpm range.
- Special custom machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Roadliner's power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike's streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Roadliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in polished clamps carries the Roadliner's switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Seamless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong and light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Roadliner S.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Roadliner S's neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Engine Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
- Carburetion: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Aluminum monoshock
- Suspension/Front: 46mm telescopic fork; adjustable preload, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Tires/Front: 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear: 190/60-17
- Wheels: 12-spoke cast
- Length: 101.6 in
- Width: 36.8 in
- Height: 43.3 in
- Seat Height: 27.8 in
- Wheelbase: 67.5 in
- Ground Clearance: 6.1 in
- Dry Weight: 705 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Engine Type
- 113 cu. in. (1854 cc) air-cooled 48 deg. V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- 1854 cc (113 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 118 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- 46 mm telescopic fork; adjustable preload, 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 67.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 705 lbs
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Candy Red/Raven and Seashell